Our 'Angel Policy' deals with copyright issues in using Jane Davenport's artwork and only applies to products that have copyrighted "designs" as part of them.
'Designs' is defined but not limited to copyright protected artwork, images, photographs and lettering created by Jane Davenport. Some elements of her work contain Trademarks and Registered Trademarks.
Let's start by saying that Jane Davenport creates products with her Designs with the intention that they are used by individuals for their own personal enjoyment, self expression and individual creative projects. There is no intention for the Designs to be used in any form of commercial application.
Items that do not have Designs to be copyrighted, such as art supplies (paints, pencils,watercolours, pens). Obviously permission isn’t required to use these types of products. They are for you to make and create to your heart's content!
However, with other items, such as patterned papers, stencils, publications and stamps, Jane Davenport retains the copyright to those items. This means that they may not be reproduced in any way and can only be used in ways outlined in this Policy.
In basic terms, you are permitted to sell handmade items made with the products including Jane Davenport's Design. However, each handcrafted item created for sale must be personally made by the selling artist.
- They may not contain reproduced versions of the Designs, only the original product*.
- The Sellers finished work containing Designs may not be reproduced or copied by any means - including graphic, digital, electronic, mechanical or photocopying.
- Handmade projects using Jane Davenport's Designs in them may be sold at permanent retail locations, as well as temporary craft events, community fundraisers and over the Internet (excluding auction sites.)
- In selling handmade projects the seller must make it clear that the items are handmade or personally created by the them and not by 'Jane Davenport'.
- Mass production, assembly-line construction and production by workers for hire is strictly prohibited.
- Jane Davenport's images, designs or artwork may not be used for the purpose of creating logos, clip art, digital artwork and blog banners or company trademarks.
- No item may promote or make any implication of endorsement by or affiliation with Jane Davenport.
- Any design elements should not be used in a manner which may be considered harmful or bring Jane Davenport into disrepute.
*In the case of stamps and stencils this would be the impressions made by the original product.
- In regards to stamps and stencils, you are limited to making a total of 500 cards or craft projects per year to sell for profit.
- There is NO LIMIT to handmade items sold for charity, so long as they abide by the restrictions as stated in this policy.
To find more about Angel Policies, there is a great article here:
For any clarifications, permissions or questions please contact us: