The School Rules
- Do not share your sign-in information or password with others. Each sign-in is for one individual only. If your membership shows unusually high access, your membership from multiple IP addresses you may be suspended until the issue is resolved. If you have shared your user name and password, you will be blacklisted from this site.
- Please do not promote your own or other workshops.
- Please keep the discussions in the forums and Facebook groups, class related and on topic.
- Personal discussions are encouraged, but if you do it via your personal message walls, or Facebook, that would be appreciated. Make friends, have a party, but not in the main forums.
- Please do not offer constructive criticism or feedback on artwork to fellow members.
- Aggression or bullying are not tolerated. Please report any worrying behaviour to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as it occurs.
- Please be aware that we have an international school with differing cultural sensitivities, a wide range of ages and people may be accessing this site from the place of work (in breaks of course!). We reserve the right to remove images and profanities.
- Once you have been granted access to the Classroom, refunds are not possible.
- Jane Davenport reserves the right to use artwork and comments uploaded to this site in promotional material and publications about these classes. Were possible, a credit with your name will be included. This does not effect your copyrights.
- Artwork, methods, school systems and all materials on this site are copyright to Jane Davenport and the individual students that created them.
- You may not share demonstrations of Jane Davenport's teaching methods, broadcast videos, copy content or any of the class materials.
- All materials are copyright, and key terms are Trademarked.
- It is expressly forbidden to share, remake or distribute class materials.
- You may not teach class materials in a demonstration, classes, on video or in Schools.
- You may not use artwork copied from Jane Davenport's work for commercial purposes.
- All materials are provided for the personal use of the purchaser ( or member) and for their creative development.
The School Rules
The School Rules form part of the Terms and Conditions members of this site agreed to when purchasing the workshops on the site. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions will result in suspension from the network and legal action as necessary.
Your safety and your liability waiver and release:
There are many supplies used throughout all the workshops on this site, many of which, including paint, can be hazardous if not used properly. Using these supplies carry inherent risks and by choosing to participate, you accept these risks and agree to waive, release, and discharge any claims you may have for any injury or damages resulting from your participation in these workshops and your use of the supplies. It is your responsibility to read all the safety labels for all of the supplies before using and storing them. Advice of a competent safety professional should be sought before deciding if any product in this e-course is safe for your use, especially if you are pregnant and/or nursing.
The fine print:
No representation or warranties are made with respect to the safety of the supplies used and all warranties, express or implied, for any purpose, are fully disclaimed. By participating in this e-course, you agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend against all claims losses or damages you may have for any injury or damages resulting from your participation and your use of all supplies.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Together we are part of a secure, online family in this School and we want to ensure that your privacy is respected and that you respect our privacy and that of your fellow students in return.
1. SHARING. All photographs, text, downloads, webcasts, videos, forum discussions, lessons, comments and podcasts are for your personal use only and cannot be shared on your blog or publicly unless you receive permission in writing from Jane Davenport. We have worked hard to create a supportive, closed environment without fear that what is said or shown here will become public. We're not planning to overthrow local government, but you paid for this class and sharing it for free with others isn't fair to you, to your teachers or to classmates.
2. LISTS: Creating and collecting student information or creating lists is not allowed. You cannot gather information from our students (i.e. email address, etc.) to create lists for personal or public use. Our students value their privacy and so should you.
3. GROUPS: You are strictly prohibited to create any groups elsewhere online (or off) using the workshop names, tag lines or Jane Davenport's name since they are all registered trademarks belonging to us. We have dedicated groups on Facebook (student only group) that you can use to stay in touch.
4. SELF PROMO: It is fine to mention what you do for a living in the forum however promoting your business, spamming, advertising or anything else that we deem inappropriate will be deleted without notice.
5. FORUMS. Students are welcome to ask questions and everyone is encouraged to participate and help. However you are not permitted to create your own forum acting as a teacher on a particular topic in our classroom. Helping out is great, but please don't take over the role of teacher.
6. PLAY NICE. Please don't abuse other students. Be nice and don't overstep personal boundaries. Be supportive. Be a friend.
There's more to consider, so please consider our terms & conditions here.
Remember, when in doubt, please ask here and we'll clarify any gray areas.
Thank you so much!
Jane Davenport Art School Policy
To access our e-courses and workshops you attest that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this Terms and Conditions Agreement. The term “course” includes the e-courses web pages, forums and all associated materials. Please read this Terms and Conditions Agreement carefully.
Use of Jane Davenport Art School Materials
All workshop materials, along with references used in or related to the e-course, are the property of Jane Davenport or of third parties and used under permission granted to Jane Davenport Art School and may only be used in the manner detailed in this Terms and Conditions Agreement.
- These materials are for the sole use of individuals registered for the e-courses.
- As a Jane Davenport Art School registrant, you may view and read all materials that are part of the e-course.
- You may print any or all screens and download, if such option is available, PDF files, podcasts and videos for your personal use in taking the e-courses.
- Permission to use the material in any other way must be obtained in writing from Jane Davenport Art School and/or the publisher or author of the material.
- Copying is part of learning and we open-heartedly encourage you to copy the work in the classes as part of that learning process. You do not however have permission to use your copied Homework for commercial purposes. That includes being submitted for publication in books, as workshop examples, used as a logo, or made available for multiple digital print services such as on Society 6/ Redbubble/ Zazzle / Spoonflower etc . You may not offer prints copied from Jane Davenport's work for sale. (Instead, keep practicing and create artwork that truly reflects your own beautiful style!).
The terms and conditions regarding use of materials apply upon registration for the course, while you are taking the e-course, and upon and after completing, withdrawing from or terminating the e-course.
ACCESSING JANE DAVENPORT ART SCHOOL
Only Jane Davenport Art School registrants are permitted access to the e-course content.
- You acknowledge that you are purchasing a single license for this e-course for your personal, individual use only.
- You are not permitted to share or reveal your login details.
All sales are final and no refunds or credits will be given before, during or after class. No exceptions can be made due to the nature of our courses.
The e-courses are designed to be completed within the period outlined in the individual e-course details.
- Registrants have access to each e-course during the in-session dates as well as the grace period afterwards noted with each e-course.
- 'lifetime access' refers to the lifetime of the workshop. If a workshop is to be withdrawn, students will be notified well in advance.
- Access to e-course materials beyond these, dates if applicable, requires a separate purchase.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER AND JANE DAVENPORT ART SCHOOL RIGHTS
Reference materials and links provided in the e-courses are provided by Jane Davenport Art School. Jane Davenport Art School does not assume responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in reference materials or links.
- Jane Davenport Art School and representatives does not endorse any product, service or organization referenced.
- Jane Davenport Art School reserves the right to use images shared by students in their homework in any future class-related marketing or promotional strategies, online or offline. Students will be credited and will retain all rights to their work.
- Jane Davenport Art School reserves the right to use student blogs in case studies and class materials as a teaching example. Students will always be credited.
Jane Davenport Art School reserves the right to
- terminate access to any individual who does not abide by these terms and conditions without refund.
- pursue legal actions where its rights have been willingly and unlawfully infringed.
JANE DAVENPORT ART SCHOOL SITE ACCESS
You agree that you:
- will not use any robot, spider or other device, process or means to access Jane Davenport Art School
- will not compromise or circumvent the security controls of Jane Davenport Art School or otherwise gain unauthorized access to Jane Davenport Art School
- will not attempt to interfere with the proper working of Jane Davenport Art School
- will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works or publicly display any content from Jane Davenport Art School without the prior express written permission of Jane Davenport Art School representatives.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent not prohibited by law, Jane Davenport, the Jane Davenport Art School, Employees and representatives ( Jane Davenport and representatives) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOST PROFITS, ARISING FROM THE TRAINING, COURSE MATERIALS OR ANY ACTIONS OR FAILURE TO ACT OF Jane Davenport and representatives. IN THE EVENT THAT Jane Davenport and representatives SHALL FAIL TO PROVIDE TRAINING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS, Jane Davenport and representatives ENTIRE LIABILITY AND PARTICIPANT'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF THESE TERMS SHALL BE TO REFUND ALL PAYMENTS ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY Jane Davenport Art School and representatives FROM PARTICIPANT FOR THE TRAINING IN QUESTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OF Jane Davenport Art School ARISING FROM THESE TERMS WHETHER BY CONTRACT OR TORT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PARTICIPANT PAID Jane Davenport and representatives.